BES Update April 2012
Balaklava Eisteddfod Society
PO Box 253, Balaklava SA 5461
16th BALAKLAVA EISTEDDFOD
Friday 27th July 2012
Saturday 28th July 2012
Sunday 29th July 2012
ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN ...... but not for much longer!
Entry forms are available on the website (see the Forms page), but if you would like a hard copy of the Syllabus
and forms sent to you, please contact us with your postal and contact details.
The Early Bird discount on entry fees applies to entries received by (i.e. sent before) Friday 20th April 2012.
CLOSING DATE for entries is Friday 27th April, so please make sure your entries are posted before that date.
Late entries will not be accepted, unless at the discretion of the committee if a section is low in numbers.
* * WE ENCOURAGE ENTRIES IN THE SPEECH AND DRAMA SECTION:
Divisions within this section are:
If you are a parent, grandparent, sibling, or relative who likes to e.g. read stories to children, then .........
why not enter the Prose or Poetry reading division? No need to memorize as you would be reading from
your original copy of prose or poetry from a book, novel, magazine etc.
If you like performing but don't like the idea of performing a solo drama, then .........
why not enter the Duologue/Trialogue division with a friend or two?
* NEW * "Have A Go" division in the PIANO SECTION
This is for any person (any age) who is NOT entering any other section. Would you like to "Have A Go" at
performing in the Piano Section to experience the Balaklava Eisteddfod without the pressure of competition?
This division is NON-COMPETITIVE, but entrants will receive a certificate and written adjudication sheet,
with constructive comments and encouragement.
As always any sponsorship donations are very welcome, as we run purely on the generosity of our sponsors
and receive no government funding. Sponsors names are printed in the programme and acknowledged at the
venues during the Balaklava Eisteddfod weekend as well as in the local paper.
Contact Lenice Cox (08) 88621173 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There is also an opportunity for affordable small advertisements to be placed in the programme.
If you would like more information, then please contact us by the end of April.
Once all entry forms are in and collated, the programme will be organised, printed and posted to entrants
and teachers in late June. When the printed programme arrives.......
* * ALL ENTRANTS - Please check your name for correct spelling, sections etc in the programme. Let us know
if there is a problem. Certificate names will be the same spelling as in the programme unless informed otherwise.
* * If you are unable to be in any of your entered sections, PLEASE LET US KNOW as soon as possible by
** REMINDER to ALL ENTRANTS - if you don't have a printed Syllabus:
Click the following links and * READ CAREFULLY *
• Rules & Conditions of Entry
General enquiries or help with filling in entry forms?
- Email email@example.com or
- Phone Trish 0417 891 834
About Choral or Vocal Sections or music choices?
- Phone Di Spence 08 8862 2113
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Band or Instrumental Ensemble Sections?
We welcome everyone to this year's 16th Balaklava Eisteddfod!
Administrator and Web Manager
Balaklava Eisteddfod Society
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
(Please note links below are currently being updated)
Friday 27th July 2012:
* Band & Instrumental Ensemble Section
- Band (Stage, Concert) Division
- Instrumental Ensemble Division (4 to 9 instruments)
- Rock Band Division (Junior & Senior sub-divisions only)
* Choral Section
- Choral Workshop
- Vocal Ensemble (4-9 Voices)
Saturday 28th July 2012:
* Contemporary Vocal (Amplified Voice) Section
* Musical Theatre Section
* Vocal Section (No Amplification)
* Instrumental Section
* Piano Section
* Speech and Drama Section (includes Public Speaking)
Sunday 29th July 2012:
FINALE CONCERT at 2.30pm including:
* Adjudication of the ‘Adelaide Plains Male Voice Choir Inc. ’ Vocal Scholarship
* Performance by Selected Championship Winners, presentation of Championship Trophies
* Combined Mid North Primary Schools Festival of Music Choirs
If at any time you wish to UNSUBSCRIBE from BES Updates, please enter your subscription email address below.
or go to http://yourwebapps.com/WebApps/mail-list-unsubscribe.cgi?list=84714
To SUBSCRIBE to BES updates click http://yourwebapps.com/WebApps/mail-list-subscribe.cgi?list=84714